Monday, July 2, 2012

Jessica Alba's decent looking cousin?

The last significant part of "Drawing on the right side of the brain" deals with face front portraits. A month ago any attempt I would have done would have looked close to infantile. Well I was thinking about who to draw for a decently long time and ended up with Jessica Alba.


Now it doesn't really look like her, but still like someone I'd like to get to know. Slowly getting more comfortable with eyes, hair and the occasional nose. Lips - not so much.

The shape of the skull and jaw are also sticking points, and I suspect those are the reasons why it doesn't look that much like Jessica Alba. If anything I'm getting better at noticing my own mistakes while I'm making them, when they're far easier to fix.

Next will probably be Norwegian celebrity babe / artist Tone Damli Aaberge.

No comments:

Post a Comment